Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Salutations

Greetings and welcome to the founding of Further Investigation, a tentatively named collaborative blog christened by the unqualified without help from the uninterested. After Horse Bordello cooled and shrank like a used-up star, I felt that we needed a new blog to maintain our cross-country connections to one-another and also to further improve our skills as writers, being the sole profession I believe myself fit for despite, again, my complete lack of qualification.

The founding of this blog with a likely soon- and possibly perpetually-to-changed name represents the genesis of a new and burgeoning star that threatens to engulf whole planets in its clumsy optimism. When I reviewed Horse Bordello, a blog that started practically as an accident, I was surprised and completely impressed with what we'd pulled off. Since its collapse I have started two blogs, one of which nobody ever knew about and the second nobody ever read. The latter also contains maybe ten unfinished posts that never survived until delivery. But I have always wanted to start a real blog up again, and working together again will push us to write and to experiment. Plenty of you have agreed with me and hopefully are reading this right now, maybe waiting for the pay-off. There is none.

This post really is nothing more than the preface to a dubious renaissance of strange premises, beautiful executions, and dirty jokes. Before this I began yet another unposted post, this time a planned warm-up that I would then leave unpublished but on the blog for a frank under-the-hood view of my writing style, in case it helped somehow. After finishing and reviewing it I was about to immediately destroy it, but I decided to leave it anyway as a putrid warning to the unwise. You will find it under Edit Posts. Nod solemnly, and pass on by.

That said, I will be taking suggestions for new titles for the blog if so desired. The description will also be changed on occasion. In the meantime, post shit. The blog has no purpose and, thus, infinite value. No submission will be in any way denied, from fictional accounts of the reading habits of jellyfish to a free-form poem describing the writer's bowl movement(s). In fact, I know that a certain contributor already has upwards of three years' worth of the latter. Get to it!

No comments: